Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week of December 12th-16th

What a wonderful and exciting week this will be for everyone! The holidays are certainly a great time to be a teacher...I get a chance to share in the enthusiasm and excitement of 50 kids this year! I am thankful to have the opportunity to share part of the holiday season with your child.

I appreciate all the supplies you have volunteered to bring or have already sent. Your generosity with this project has been outstanding!
There are a few things we are still missing:
*cardstock- white, green and brown (no one signed up for this)
*village accessories (small animals,tress,..)
*craft scissors(we could borrow these if possible)
*seed beads (we need more of these)
*clear plastic cups with the wide mouth opening
Our stations will begin at 9:00 and we will continue until lunch Tuesday and Wednesday.

This week in language arts:
Both classes will be reading holiday short stories (fiction & nonfiction) and completing various activities that correlate.

Homework for both classes: Read 20 mins and complete log summary.
Mrs. Okey's homeroom should complete this on your reading log handout.
Mrs. Smith's homeroom should complete the log on notebook paper using
the same format as previous weeks.The log summary can also be typed
and printed if you prefer.
No other written assignments.


**I know there have been requests for ornament items but please don't forget the cougar bucks store that will also take place this week.

Thank you for all your help,
Mrs. Smith