Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day

This newsletter was sent home today:

Dear Parents,
Happy Groundhog’s Day! I hope you are having a great week. Our class is having a blast this week learning about Shakespeare and his great works. I hope you will have a chance to talk with your child about the things they have learned during this unit.
We Need Your Help
·         Valentine’s Day: As you know Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and I would like for our class to have a special celebration on February 14th at 1:30. Please select what you would like to send and return the paper with your child tomorrow. I will let you know if I need you to select something different once I get a count of the items everyone selected.  Your child will also bring home a list of students in our class in case you would like to purchase Valentine treats/cards. Please make sure your child is equitable to each of their classmates in order to prevent anyone being left out.
·         PTO Basket: Our homeroom decided to create Spa Theme basket.  Please contribute a small donation (at least $5.00) for an item. Generously, a parent volunteer has already offered to buy a tea pot for the center piece which will allow us to use other monies for smaller basket treats.
Some ideas for additional items that we need:
Scones/cookies, teas (leaves or bags), tea accessories (strainer, infusers, press), British type candies or foods, British movies or TV shows (family ones)
·         Cougar Bucks Store: We are having the cougar buck store next Friday. We would appreciate any prizes you would be willing to donate.
·         Composition Notebooks: Many of the students have used up their notebooks. It would be helpful if you could purchase a new notebook for your child’s writing instruction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Valentine’s Day Treats
Child’s Name___________________________ Parent’s signature____________________
Please check the items you would like to send for our celebrationJ
____Valentine’s Cookies         ____Juice Boxes                       ___ Little Debbie Valentine’s Cakes
____ Plates, and Napkins        _____Conversation hearts     ____Red Hots Candy
____Hershey Kisses                   _____Heart Shaped Candies (any kinds)